My Favorite Places I've Never Even Visited

I'm the type of person that falls in love with places I've never been. I imagine what my life would look like within the context of that location, and I immediately start day-dreaming about how different things could be. So while I may have never been to Amsterdam, Barcelona, or London, the idea of possibilities that lie within each location make them my favorite places.



Amsterdam is one of my favorite places because of the life and energy it possesses. I plan to visit once limitations are lifted and things start falling back into place. I can't wait to have my own pictures of the beauty in Amsterdam instead of having to look at pictures online all the time!


I fell in love with Barcelona because of soccer. All of my favorite players that I idolized as a kid lived and played in Barcelona, and I always associated that love for soccer with the city. I want to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer in 2021 to complete a Spanish course, so fingers crossed that works out!

If someone says they don't want to visit London, I just have to believe that they're lying. London holds such rich history and beauty, it would be an other worldly experience to be there. My dream is to complete graduate school in London, but I still have a couple years before that happens.

Comments

  1. This is great, Emma! As you can guess from this course, I am also a fan of imaginary travel to places both real and imaginary... we can travel on the magic carpet of books and stories! I hope you will get to visit all three of these places... and you could use this class as an excuse for imaginary travel, since you can find Dutch and English and Spanish folktales in abundance online and maybe do a class project about them! We have British Isles units coming up in the UnTextbook, and you can find Dutch stories link in full-text books online, and Spanish stories link also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts