Week 12 Story: Caught Up


 (Found on Pxfuel, represents house in story)

I am a master mind. My life is pretty perfect. I get to have it all, and no one suspects a thing.

Being in a fraternity at a southern college is basically a one-way ticket to getting whatever you want. You have unlimited access to girls, alcohol, and parties at any given time. Learning how to use these resources to your advantage is the real trick. And, after being initiated, I have finally learned all the rules of the trade.

Coming into college, I decided to stay in a long distance relationship with my girl from back home. She went to a school a few hours away, so we visited every now and then, but pledge-ship made it hard to see her consistently. It kinda worked out for me though, because the less time I spent traveling, the more I was able to meet some new people here.

Now I've never been a cheater, but if an opportunity presents itself I'll have to at least be open-minded. Nothing wrong with that, right?

The more parties I went to, the more girls I met. And the more girls I met, the more phone numbers I got. Now, you can probably do the math, and it's safe to assume I ended up hanging out with a handful of these girls. They were all sweethearts, and I made sure to keep my life with them completely separate of each other. Each girl I talked to was in a different sorority, which helped keep my relationships with each of them from getting messy with another. 

Tonight was date night with one of my girls, and I was getting pretty stoked. She was totally hot and in the top sorority at our school. Going out with her was an immediate image booster.

I went to go pick her up from her place, like usual, but she wasn't sitting on her porch swing waiting for me like usual. I called her up, and she answered the phone immediately.

"Hey, babe, where you at?" I questioned.

"What? I can't hear you," she responded.

"Where are you? I'm here to pick you up."

"I'm sorry I still can't hear you. When you get here just come inside," she said and hung up. Weird.

I walked on in, turned to close the door behind me, and when I looked back up, I saw my life fall apart before my eyes.

"Hi honey," my high school girlfriend said with an attitude. "Thanks for all the new friends," she announced, motioning to the five other girls I had been entertaining, all sitting on the couch with her.

Maybe I wasn't a master mind after all. Everything finally caught up to me.

Author's Note: This story is my adaptation of "Johnny-Cake" from English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs (1890). In the original story, it's all about a Johnny-Cake running away from home and racing multiple opponents along the way. The more people and animals he outruns, the more cocky he gets. His last opponent is a fox, who lures Johnny-Cake in by pretending he can't hear him. As Johnny-Cake boasts about all of his victories, the fox keeps saying "I can't hear you, come in a little closer." The fox gets him just close enough to eat him up, ending his race. I stayed pretty close to the plot of the story, just through the lens of a more than classic frat guy storyline. Hope y'all enjoyed reading it!

Comments

  1. Emma-
    I love your frat boy interpretation of this story! I love how much you changed to make this story from the original. It was funny to see the frat boy get more and more cocky as he got more girls and more numbers. It's always nice to catch a cheater, I like how you had the high school girlfriend team up with his new girls. It reminded me of the movie, "The Other Woman"! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma!

    I liked this story alot! You must be in greek life or something?? I bet this guy would totally be a lambda. Anyway, way to be creative and adapt this story to something that alot of us can relate to in college since most of these stories are pretty old. good work ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts